Wednesday, November 18, 2009

More on SP 2010 & Windows 7 install

I was getting a User Not Found error when I tried installing SharePoint 2010 on my Windows 7 host. The install log didn't let me know which user, and since it's a Standalone install I didn't specify any user accounts anywhere.

I was installing using my usual corporate domain login on my laptop, but I wasn't connected to the domain at the time (yes, I was installing away during my daughter's dance class I gotta confess!). The ID was given Administrator permission, and I had UAC turned off.

The fix was to log on with the local admin account created during the Windows install. Not sure if it's because this ID really is admin, or if there wasn't a need to contact the domain. In any case, finally got past configuration task 2 of 10!

Well not quite, blogged too soon. The install failed on Step 8 of 10 with:

Exception: Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileException: Unrecognized attribute 'allowInsecureTransport'. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive. (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\WebClients\Profile\client.config line 56)

It looks like there's a hotfix for this, it's a new setting apparently for WCF coming with .Net Framework 4. To get the hotfix one needs to go through the usual channels vs requesting the fix right off the page, so instead I just deleted the attribute entirely from the .config file, restarted the Configuration wizard, and it completed successfully.

No comments: