Thursday, September 18, 2014

Method 'Upgrade' in type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowServices.WorkflowServiceApplicationProxy' message

The good admin you are, you just finished deploying the Windows patches for September on your non-SP1'd SharePoint 2013 farm server...rebooted...Central Admin comes up fine...open up PowerShell and kaboom!

  Method 'Upgrade' in type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowServices.WorkflowServiceApplicationProxy' from assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Wor Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' does not have an implementation.

There's an update that assumes you already have SP1 deployed - if you go back to Central Admin you'll note the UI changes for O365 & Yammer are now showing up. The fix is to deploy one more hotfix to your server - you can download it from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42898

No reboot required - install the update, open up that PS window & you're blissfully error free.

Happy SharePointing!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lifesaver, struggled forever then ran across your post. Thanks so much!

Robert said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I'm up late installing updates and Sharepoint broke! It's 3:30am and I found this post and the hotfix did the trick (though I did have to reboot). Now I can go to bed!

Anonymous said...

Saved my arse!!

Ilya said...

Thank you, noble man!

Anonymous said...

Same scenario - I had just installed SP1 in a dev box and ran into the exact same issue. Worked just as advertised! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post. Can't believe this didn't bite me until practically a year after the original patch came out.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post! Just had an update on 2/22/15 and putting on that patch helped.

Anonymous said...

Because I'm a good admin. Hah! Steve, I may be late to the party, but your post was a life saver! Thank you so much for this quick fix!

rakesh said...

Thank you so much its working fine now

Anonymous said...

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

CO Squared said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Just saved my day, Thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

Still relevant - just used this today after windows update broke a client site. Thanks!

Maverick said...

Saved me! Thanks huge for this!!!

caswda said...

Thanks Steve, Good Ol' MS Stability....

integ said...

Thanks it worked for me !

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to post this. Worked great!

RohithJayaram said...

Saved my day

RohithJayaram said...

saved my day...

Anonymous said...

Thanks, just got hit with that :)

tgmusang said...

Thank you very much.. save my day